Sunday, August 26, 2007

After a great week with the family in Albuquerque, I headed to the Snowbird Resort outside Salt Lake City, Utah for Holly and Michael Pierre's wedding. It was quite the treat to be in such a beautiful place with good friends. I gotta say, having a wedding at a resort is a genius idea! We didn't have to leave the grounds the whole time, it was like a mini-hideout spot. And because everyone was staying at the lodge, I ran into wedding folk everywhere I went (that is, the pool or happy hour), so I got to know more of the bride's friends, some of the groom's friends, and even family members! It was a great way to bring everyone together. And have you ever been to a wedding where you get to spend the morning of the wedding day hanging out pool-side with the bride and the wedding party? I don't think you have. And even if you have, was your pool-side-bride hanging out time in the middle of the mountains? I don't think it was.

Morning of the wedding day: Leah (friend), Holly (bride), Emily (narrator), and Kristen (sister o' bride) handing out in the hot tub.


(This is the first time in my life that I've gone to a pool surrounded by pine trees instead of palm trees.) Holly and Leah:

Kristen, Eric, and Holly: less than half of the Riedelbach children.

Such a relaxed bride and groom, just hours before the ceremony.

So pretty.




And just because I can, another great video of Simon:

1 comment:

Mary said...

Um, Emily... you are one hot mama! I'm not trying to pick up on you or anything, I'm just saying...