Tuesday, May 15, 2007

News of the week: I lost a tooth! Ok, not an entire tooth, but a chunk of a molar. And I didn't so much as lose it as swallow it. Something about my schnitzel sandwich didn't agree with my tooth, so it decided to unhinge itself and jump down my throat. I was a little nervous about visiting the German dentist, but she was very nice and charged me very little for the temporary fix (I'll get a new filling and part-of-tooth next week). My dad warned me that dentistry tends to be very expensive, so when the secretary asked me if I wanted Novocain, I nervously asked if it would hurt. She gave me the very vague reply that the procedure is painful for some people but not for others, so I asked the next logical question: is it expensive? She rifled through some papers and pulled out her calculator, which incited a bit of panic in me - what if novocain is really expensive? am I going to have to forgo the medicine and risk intense pain at the hands of a German dentist? - but after a few minutes, the secretary informed me that the novocain would cost a total of 9 Euros. Scheisse, I said, give me 4 of them!


**************

This poster always makes me think of Katie Day and our sweet Patrick Swayze poster from junior year at Columbia. But who needs Dirty Dancing when you can have Flirty Dancing?

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am so glad you are going to survive the tooth incident! How are the German classes?